Wanting to make a quick, but useful gift for your kid’s teachers for Valentine’s Day? This simple soap petal gift makes a beautiful display. Each fabric petal is dipped in a melted soap, making them a quick, one time use soap. Great for guest bathrooms, traveling, and camping!
What you need:
- Bag of fabric rose petals (usually in craft stores near the wedding crafts)
- Melt and Pour soap (in craft stores in the soap making section, like this )
- Wax paper or parchment paper
- Microwave safe bowl
- Gift bag
- Raffia or other decorative bag stuffing
- Melt a few ounces of melt and pour soap in the microwave. Use short 10-15 second burst on 50% power, or the butter melt program. Melt and pour soap can scorch if melted too long or if it gets too hot. The melted soap is very hot- be super careful to not burn yourself.
- Using tweezers, dip a petal into the melted soap, turn it over, then lift by the very corner and allow to drip.
- Lay on the wax paper to dry for a few hours until dried all the way through the petal
- Mix and match petal colors and put into your gift bag!
That’s It? Yeah, not everything has to be hard.